The Year of Sensei Hidetaka Nishiyama’s Legacy
2018 AAKF Spring Training Seminar
March 16-18, 2018, Madison, WI
We are happy to announce the details of the 2018 AAKF Spring Seminar, hosted by the AAKF Great Lakes Region, and the Madison Japanese Karate Club. Over three days of training we will focus on instructor training, and the further development of traditional karateka.
The instruction wil be performed by the members of the AAKF Technical Board. The Friday sessions will emphasize instructor training, and the Saturday and Sunday sessions will focus on athlete development.
Friday, March 16 (adults only)
- 12 pm to 3 pm: UW Natatorium, 2000 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706
- 5 pm to 8 pm: Lathrop Hall, 1050 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706
Saturday, March 17 (all ages)
- 9 am to 12 pm: West High School, 30 Ash Street, Madison, WI 53726
- 1 pm to 4 pm: West High School, 30 Ash Street, Madison, WI 53726
- 4 pm: Rank and technical qualifications exams - West High School, 30 Ash Street, Madison, WI 53726
Please note: Examination fees are according to the AAKF fee schedule, and they are in addition to any participation fees.
Sunday, March 18 (all ages)
- 8 am to 10 am: West High School, 30 Ash Street, Madison, WI 53726
- 10 am to 12 pm: West High School, 30 Ash Street, Madison, WI 53726
Current (2018) AAKF members (registered online by March 14, or mailed registration postmarked by March 12):
- Adults (18 and older): $100.00 all sessions or $70.00 for one day
- Youth (17 and younger) and current students (high school or college): $80.00 for the whole seminar, $50.00 for one day
Current (2018) AAKF members (registered online after March 14, or mailed registration postmarked after March 12 or at the door):
- Adults (18 and older): $120.00 all sessions or $90.00 for one day
- No youth or student discount
Non-AAKF members will pay additional $40 to the fees listed above. If you are interested in membership, please don't hesitate to contact us.
All current AAKF USA Team members can attend free of charge.
AAKF Great Lakes Region
c/o Vassil Peytchev
2914 Interlaken Pass
Madison, WI 53719
Special group rate: $89.00 plus taxes
The negotiated rate is available only until March 8th, so please make reservations early.
Check In: 3 pm
Check Out: 11 am
Cancel by 4pm on the day of arrival to avoid charges.
Call the hotel directly at +1-608-836-3033 and make a reservation using group name AAKF National Tournaments.
The Comfort Suites hotel is an all-suite hotel (good for families), and offers free shuttle service to the airport and to the event venues. The rate includes free breakfast, free WiFi internet, and free parking. There is an indoor pool and fitness center. You can find more details about the hotel from Hotels.com.
There is also a list of additional hotel options. Please note that the prices on that list may and will change day-to-day.
1253 John Q Hammons Drive
Madison, WI 53717
- Atlanta, GA (ATL) - Delta
- Charlotte, NC (CLT) - American
- Chicago, IL (ORD) - American, United
- Dallas, TX (DFW) - American
- Denver, CO (DEN) - Frontier, United
- Detroit, MI (DTW) - Delta
- Las Vegas, NV (LAS) - Frontier
- Minneapolis, MN (MSP) - Delta
- New York, NY (LGA) - Delta
- Newark, NJ (EWR)- United
- Orlando, FL (MCO, seasonal) - Frontier
- Philadelphia, PA (PHL) - American, Frontier (seasonal)
- Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) - Delta
- San Francisco, CA (SFO) - United
- Washington, DC (DCA) - Delta
US Interstate 39, 90, and 94 all converge by Madison. Google Maps can help you with specific directions.
Transportation to Venue
The event hotel will provide free shuttle service to the seminar venues. We will work with you (if indicated on your registration form) to schedule the shuttle service, which needs to be done a week before the event.